Today is D-11! This is an extremely important record for me. Truth is, I started and abandoned the “Weight Loss Timelapse Project” a number of times over 7 years. The most I ever got before giving up was D-10. I scoured my hard drive and cloud server for traces of them and found a few. Let me show them to you.
- Oct. 1st, 2012 — D-6, last photo of its set. This was the first attempt ever. There’s also a bunch of photos previous to D-0 with tests of angles and lighting.
- Sep. 13th, 2014 — Angle and lighting testing set. No photos in subsequent days.
- Jan. 1st, 2017 — D-0. No subsequent others.
- Jul. 16th, 2017 — D-0. No subsequent others.
- Oct. 26th, 2017 — D-7. Last of its set.
I also found an old spreadsheet starting on Feb. the 22nd, 2016. D-1 is at 98.4 kg. Last registry is D-4 at 99.0 kg. Intensity and Diet average 6.75 and 7, respectively. All other attempts were wiped. I’d do this every now and then when looking at my past photos: they shamed and disgusted me. I don’t know how many times I tried in total but it feels to be around 10, at least.
It’s different now. Before, the exercise was a torture I was whipping myself with and the diet was agony. Now I’m enjoying the process. I’ve grown a lot in the last year or two. This blog helps a bunch too, even without readers.
One last thing I didn’t include in the Decad Report (because I was too sleepy) were the changes I’ve noticed in my body:
- I can see a slight difference in face roundness.
- You can barely see it, but I’ve definitely reduced in volume: I can feel it with my hands. I’ve started to get comments.
- My knees are doing lot better; before, I’ve hurt myself a few times when putting too much weight on one.
- After a few days, I can now touch my toes during calf stretches.
- I don’t get a tendon stretch feeling when walking anymore. This used to happen occasionally.
- I’m discovering a few muscles in my legs that I didn’t know of, particularly the ones responsible for pedaling.
This has all been very encouraging. But anyway, on to the day.
Diet is 9 because I was aiming for less fat. I overdid it with the oil, but I didn’t want to make a mess trying to put it back in the bottle; plus I had already weighted it. Morning was the usual 2 pancakes +2g butter. Lunch was 188g of chicken (from now on chicken means chicken breast unless otherwise specified) +15g of oil (olive oil assumed from now on too). There was also the post-cycling shake in the afternoon and dinner was 85g of chicken, 102g of avocado (less than half!) and a scrambled egg; all in 18g of oil.
Today was also my first caffeine-fueled cycling ride. It helped quite a bit: I did 4 laps around the Pentagonito and even improved my average speed (marginally). I know which apps don’t track stops now and will be removing them from the averages calculations from now on and retroactively in future posts.
I’m very happy with my general improvement. Looking back, my problem was always an attitudinal one. I’m way mentally healthier now and have no interest in stopping this project. I had 5 cigs.
ERRATAS: Food charts from D-9 and D-10 aren’t adding the protein and fat of the eggs to the totals. I’ve added disclaimers to both posts. Yes, this means I ate even more fat than I meant to. Also, the number of isolate protein servings (“…protein x2”) in D-11 and D-10 should be 3.